Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Driving- Meeting- Preaching

I had a busy week. Last week was the American Baptist of the Northwest Biennial (every two years) meeting. It was in Everett WA. It was an excellent time of worship, learning, fellowship and good meals. It was not however, a time of rest. My brother and I travelled back late Saturday night, well actually Sunday morning. I was tired on Sunday- but the Lord provided me energy to preach and serve.
We are in the midst of our Month of Prayer. We are really emphasizing prayer this May. I have been teaching on it and we have been doing some "prayer events." I hope it is working. I really believe it is important to be in honest communication with our God. It is life changing, church changing and ultimately world changing. Staying in prayer is how we stay connected to the Source of Selfless Love- Jesus Christ.
So we did something in the Give and Take time called Prayer Activities. It is a way of practicing and encouraging people to pray in all kinds of normal situations every day. People had a ton of ideas- it was a learning time for me.
The sermon time was a time of mostly scripture- to minister to all of us about what God promises in prayer. Check out my sermon
There is much to praise God about these days around here. We continue to have visitors every week. We are having people return from far off places- Saipan especially. Weddings are happening. There are two things I want to specifically praise God for on this Blog, I forgot to mention both on Sunday. 1. Tiffany- Norm and Sandy's daughter received a clean bill of health on the tests she was having for cancer. YES! 2. Our friend Robert had the large tumor (about a football size) removed from his leg and only minimal damage was done to the muscle- in other words he will walk again.
there were about 70 of us there praising God on Sunday.
May the peace of Jesus Christ be with you.
Corey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home