Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Moms- We honor you!

Well its Tuesday and I am finally getting to my weekly blog of Sunday.
Worship went well. It was, of course, Mother's Day. We honored mothers in a few ways. First the Give and Take was about Moms and the Bible. We talked about Moms in the Bible and also how moms have been important in the history of the church in sharing good news and reading the bible.
The sermon was prayer and the family. The text is available at coreysermons.blogspot.com
We of course thanked God for our moms and families. We also then had a Sunday School, for the adults on women in Church history.
I used a quilt my mom made for me as an illustration in my sermon. She stiched/quilted my favorite bible verse, 1 John 3:16 with black thread into a black fabric border. This to me is an illustration of our lives as Christians. We are to be an imitator of Christ even when no one is looking, even in the dark times. The verse is, "This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers (and sisters)"
A lot of our families with young children were either travelling or under the weather- we missed you.
There were over 80 of us in worship Sunday.
This whole month of May we are emphasizing prayer. If you read this please remember to pray for me and our ministry here in Palouse.
Thanks, Corey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home