Sunday, March 12, 2006

Today is a new day...

I confess, sometimes I get caught up in a numbers game. I wonder how many were at church today? How many at youth group? How many at Sunday School? How many, how many, how many... Growth of a church is not measured simply by attendance. I guess I am writing this to remind myself of that simple fact. We are indeed growing- and God shows us growth by people coming to worship for the first time- by people asking for baptism- by people learning from the scriptures- by people being convicted to pray for one another. I got to see all these things this week- and much more.
I thank the adult sunday school class (what I am now referring to as an adult learning opportunity) for taking seriously the sacred reading of scripture and for cutting me slack for forgetting to read the call to worship at the beginning of worship today (oops!).

Please know that God loves you.
oh yeah, there were about 76 of us in worship today.
peace,
Corey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home