Sunday, January 01, 2006

The First Day of the Year

Is it 2006 already? My goodness.
Well, Tina, the kids and I had a good week between Christmas and New Years. We were able to spend some time with friends and family. We were also able to watch our Gar-Pal Basketball teams play in a tournament in Reardan.
Staying a few days in Spokane gave us a chance to have a few visits with Robert, our friend who is fighting sarcoma (cancer). Robert took time out of his schedule to woop me in Playstation2, NBA basketball. His spirits are picking up and we are praying and hoping that he will get to spend some time at home soon- and get a break from the hospital.

Well today was my first day as the full-time (and fully compensated) pastor of Palouse Federated Church. It is an exciting honor to have this calling- to this community. Things are humming right along.
I am starting a new Bible study for women on Wednesday's at 1pm- they had been reading the Purpose Driven Life. We are going to do a summary overview of the whole Bible in 6-8 weeks. Then we will weekly be studying the scriptures in depth that we use in worship on that given Sunday.
We are also starting baptism and confirmation classes for any and all that would either like to be baptized or confirmed. If you have questions please contact me.
Adult Sunday School will be starting a new series as soon as we finish our video series on the journeys of Paul- we should finish next Sunday.

Worship today was fun and celebratory. It was our Lord's Supper Sunday- always a blessing. I was expecting a low turnout, being that it was New Year's Day- but we had 65 blessed worshipers in attendance. So much for my expectations.
Thanks for reading the blog. If you do read it- drop me a comment- I really have no idea if anybody reads this blog.
Peace,
Pastor Corey

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is very interesting. Keeps me up to date when I can't be there in person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home