Monday, January 12, 2009

Pastor Back to Blogging

Hey folks. I want to do a bit more blogging in 09. I want to write more. Writing helps me to have a healthy thinking life.
I am considering forming a monthly "writer's group" through our church. I have dabbled in writing off and on, but have mostly put it on the shelf the last three years- except for monthly newsletters, boomerang columns and weekly sermons.
I like writing essays and reflections.

I am realizing that a lot of churches aren't good at connecting with artistic flow of life out there in the world.

Anyways- it was a wonderful time of worship Sunday. We had a theme of "simplicity" this last Sunday. I even abstained from doing a powerpoint slide show for my sermon. We also had one song of worship "Simple Gifts" led by Tiana Gregg- it was, well, simply a gift. Thanks Tiana.

This week our baby HettyLee turned one and we also lost a dear friend in Christ- Liz. It was a week of ups and downs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home