Monday, February 12, 2007

Dancing for God

Did you know that there is a fair amount of dancing in the Bible. Some of it good and some of it bad.
David- was one that danced as praise to God. That's a good thing.
I did a little dancing this last weekend. It was all in good fun. It was also in support of a good cause, our local PEO and the causes they support.
Dancing takes a lot out of you- it was a pretty long weekend.
Worship was fun on Sunday. There was a "computer error" (read Pastoral operations error) on one of our worship songs. I feel bad about that- we had a real "flow" going. I thank God- that our congregation is so forgiving. The youth bailed us out by leading the singing of "Trust in the Lord with All Your Heart"- good job youth!!
It was also "Scouting Sunday" It was good to see some leaders and scouts in their uniforms on Sunday. I couldn't find my old uniform, but I did bring my scouting patch collection to show the youth and I used it as tangible illustration during the youth sermon.
I have been working with a couple Cub Scouts on their "God and Me" award. We have had monthly meetings (read classes) for four months. I had fun- I think they did too. It was a really neat program. I thank Shawn and Katrina for their patience!
Sunday evening youth was okay. the youth are working on a long term project of making a move about what love really is. But this week I wanted to show them a movie called "Face the Giants." This is a full length movie that a church actually made. Its a good movie. Some of our youth watched the whole thing. Some of the youth who are a bit more "interactive" stayed with me and played a video football game. During the game i would give the players different challenges. Such as playing with the controller upside down or behind their back- or both at the same time. The main point was that we should live life the way God meant it to be lived. We can live other ways (unholy and ungodly ways) but they are spiritually awkward and not what God created us for. Just like game controllers would created to be held in a certain way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home